Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/datedxb13408/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/fs/package.module.fs.php on line 258
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 34 in /home/datedxb13408/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_basic_tagcloud/package.module.nextgen_basic_tagcloud.php on line 140
Health, Safety & Environment
HSE is an integral component of DATE Transport “Management System”. In order to ensure our capability to maintain a world-class service while maintaining safe practices and environmental awareness, we have developed a full suite of policies, practices and procedures that are underpinned by our “Occupational Safety and Health Management System”. These processes are consistently applied to every contract and each work activity.
Training & Development
Within each department of our company, a team of highly qualified, experienced and motivated professionals are charged with the responsibility of ensuring that DATE Transport is always at the forefront of HSSEQ. Through our continuous scheduled and ad-hoc training, we allow our team to grow into positions of responsibility with confidence. We believe that consistent and regular training is essential if we are to maintain our most valuable resource.
Our training schedule includes:
- Defensive driving training for all drivers, conducted every two years by independent external agencies.
- Intensive in-house training and customer-oriented product knowledge training sessions.
- Training on HSE-related issues, conducted every three months.
- Comprehensive medical tests for all drivers.
- Regular HSE meetings to reinforce safe and defensive driving attitudes throughout the company. This is conducted at least once every quarter.
- Enforcement of the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Encouragement of a strong safety culture, through reporting of near miss and unsafe acts.
- Detailed driver training including tire management, vehicle maintenance, principles of gas detection and monitoring in confined space, emergency tanker rollover drills, fire drill, first aid, accident investigation and root cause analysis, etc.
As part of our Best Practices ethos, we maintain a suite of standardized procedures and processes, including:
- Drivers Handbook
- Accident / Incident Reporting and Root Cause Analysis
- Random On Road Spot Checks
- In-Cab Partnering and Monitoring
- In-Vehicle Monitoring System
- Road Safety Campaign
- Emergency Handling Infrastructure
- Risk and Hazard Management
- Work Permits – Hot Work and Entry into Confined Space
- Employee Suggestions Scheme
- Celebrations – Staff birthdays, farewells and festival celebrations.
Truck drivers are continuously trained to comply with Quality, Environment, Health & Safety standards. We are certified by Gabriel Registrar to ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management System, ISO 39001:2012 – Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management System and OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System.